Monday 25 June 1962 (exaclty 50 years ago) The Beatles performed in two completely different locations. First they had a lunchtime appointment in the Cavern Club, and in the evening they were expected to play at the Plaza Ballroom in St. Helens for the "Big Beat Bargain Night" with The Big Three.
A poster still survives of this evening session and gives us a nice insight in the concert. Admission price was 2 shillings and six pence, it was hosted by Bob Wooler (from the Cavern) and there is a mention about the Beatles signing a recording contract with Parlophone.
"They're terrific! You must see them! First performance in St. Helens!"
Copyright info for the poster from fincharie.com
- It's a low resolution copy of an advertising poster.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the poster in any way.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the poster.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a performance that has not been well documented.