The Majestic opened in June 1916 as a cinema, seating 730 patrons. It was renamed Birkenhead Super in 1924 and converted in a "Top Rank Luxury Ballroom" and by 1962 it was a Majestic Ballroom (closed down in 1969) and now a Chinese restaurant.
The Beatles performed here 17 times, the last time on 10 April 1963 (receiving £100)
Copyright notice: the poster (as published on fincharie.com) is presented here under the fair use copyright law
- It's a low resolution copy of an advertising poster.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the poster in any way.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the poster.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a performance that has not been well documented.