In the mid 90's an 8mm film was discovered in a drawer in Liverpool. It contains a 30-second segment of the Beatles (John, Paul & George - Pete Best is obscured by John) who play at the ballroom. In the first segment George is singing and in the second one Paul does the vocals. The Beatles are wearing leather jackets, which would have been their standard attire from their Hamburg days.
The movie is in colour but silent, and could well be the oldest known film of the Beatles. Eventually the film sold for 15,000 pounds in 1996.
Copyright info for the poster:
- It's a low resolution copy of an advertising poster.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the poster in any way.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the poster.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a performance that has not been well documented.